Coronavirus Caller Tune: As the number of coronavirus cases has been increasing day by day in India, the Indian government has recently ordered all telecom operators to set a default caller tune for their customers, which is a 30-second audio clip spreading awareness about coronavirus.
- Health Ministry had asked the Department of Telecommunications to set a 30-second default caller tune for spreading coronavirus awareness.
- Caller Tune aims at spreading preventive measures and awareness regarding coronavirus
- The call will connect after the audio clip is finished playing, thus, making users unhappy in case of any emergency call.
- In case of emergency, customers can avoid or skip the coronavirus message on telecom operators like Airtel, Vodafone-Idea, Jio, among many others.
Coronavirus Awareness Alert Audio Clip
The Health Ministry had asked the Department of Telecommunications for ordering all the major telecom companies for adding a 30-second COVID-19 prevention caller tune for their networks. As per to the Health Ministry, telecom operators such as BSNL, MTNL Reliance Jio, Airtel as well as Vodafone-Idea all have added this awareness caller tune to their combined network of about 117.2 crore users.
The main objective behind the caller tune is to spread the awareness regarding coronavirus along with informing users to take preventive measures for avoiding being a victim of this deadly virus. On the other hand, the call gets connected only after the 30-second audio clip has been finished playing.
However, it is a positive preventive step (among many others), taken by the Indian Government but the users at the same time are not mostly appreciating the fact that the caller tune plays each time whenever they dial a number and thus, causing an interruption in case of any emergencies.
Not like Airtel and some other telcos, Jio connects the call while playing the coronavirus awareness alert.
Here’s How To Skip Coronavirus Alert Message
If in case you do not wish to wait for the message to finish and want directly to connect to the caller, then you can simply skip it out. However, there is no way to stop the awareness message from constantly playing every time when you make a call, but at the same time, you can also skip the same to avoid any inconvenience.
Follow these simple steps to avoid coronavirus message on Airtel, Vodafone-Idea, Jio along with other telecom operators:
- First, dial the desired number.
- Just wait for the message to start and then tap 1.
- After you have pressed 1, you are going to be redirected to the original caller tune as soon as the call connects.
- For any further, users can reach out to the nearby health facility or else simply dial the helpline number 011-23978046 for getting more details.
Please Note: We do suggest our readers to not avoid or skip the coronavirus message alert and to use these steps only at the time of emergency.
Coronavirus In India
The number of confirmed coronavirus cases in India has now increased to 73 and the government has also suspended all visas till April 15. On a global level, more than 120,00 people have been infected as well as around 4,600 people have died because of this deadly virus outbreak.